We had a wonderful time at the beach, despite the hurricane keeping us out of the water Saturday and Sunday! Addisyn was a bit skeptical of the water the first 2 days, but quickly warmed up and loved it. By the last day we actually had to chase after her when she took of towards the water. I think one of her favorite activities of the trip was chasing the seagulls - if only she could have caught them! We were able to enjoy many dinners out, walks on the beach at night, rented a surrey, and even went miniature golfing. Brad was able to squeeze in plenty of boogie boarding time also! Our trip overlapped my parents vacation, so they were able to entertain Addisyn the first 2 days with us! As much as I love going away, I was definitely ready to be home. Vacationing with a toddler can be exhausting at times! Brad and I did take advantage of family nap time every afternoon - a much needed break for all three of us. The dolphins were quite brave and came very close to the shore line - I tried my best to get some good pics! We all managed to come back with nice tans (Addisyn was fortunate to get Brad's skin tone) and you can't be at the beach that long without a little sunburn when you have my skin tone - my scalp is currently peeling!
This month also makes number 17 for Addisyn. What a personality this child has! I truly think as she grows, her and I will butt heads many times. We've started to move into the tantrums and boy can she throw one! Thankfully they are not a common thing, but I'm afraid they may quickly turn into that. Addisyn's vocabulary is continuing to increase daily and she has turned into such a daredevil. I caught her crawling on top the table at least 5 times today! She is working very hard on jumping and has finally taken to coloring rather than eating crayons. Addisyn is now also able to eat with utensils, open doors, and has mastered turning lights off and on - who knew something so simple could be so entertaining??!! Despite her strong personality, she still brings so much joy to our household. I can't wait to see what next month has in store for us!

















This month also makes number 17 for Addisyn. What a personality this child has! I truly think as she grows, her and I will butt heads many times. We've started to move into the tantrums and boy can she throw one! Thankfully they are not a common thing, but I'm afraid they may quickly turn into that. Addisyn's vocabulary is continuing to increase daily and she has turned into such a daredevil. I caught her crawling on top the table at least 5 times today! She is working very hard on jumping and has finally taken to coloring rather than eating crayons. Addisyn is now also able to eat with utensils, open doors, and has mastered turning lights off and on - who knew something so simple could be so entertaining??!! Despite her strong personality, she still brings so much joy to our household. I can't wait to see what next month has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment