Sunday, August 16, 2009

Catch up on the month of August

Here we are 1/2 way through the month and I have yet to post! Life has been busy. Over the past few weeks, we've taken a road trip to Brad's parents house, had many playdates, and have been soaking up as much sun as possible before summer is over. Addisyn has also had a few firsts - she stepped on and was stung by her first bee, learned the color blue, and can now open doors. Not the greatest thing to do when you're trying to shower and she leaves the bathroom! While at my in-laws house, we finally we able to get some more use out of Addisyn's t-shirt and spread the word about baby #2! I had to laugh because Brad's parents never noticed the shirt, but the next door neighbor saw it immediately and almost blew the secret! So we had to quickly quiet the neighbor and tell Brad's parents to read the shirt. This weekend we had my sister Kristen and Matt home for a visit and had a cook-out with all the family Friday evening.

I am anxiously awaiting my doctor's appointment this Wednesday to finally hear this little one's heartbeat! We've seen it several times, but nothing beats the sound of it. I've been feeling slightly under the weather since Wednesday. Apparently I've caught a stomach bug that just doesn't want to completely disappear.

Brad has been busy digging up the ground along the side of our house for yet another flower bed. He always manages to find plenty to do in the yard! We are leaving Wednesday for our family vacation to the beach, and boy are we ready! I can't wait to see Addisyn running up and down the beach and playing in the sand. I'm not sure how much relaxing we'll get to do - but at least we'll be getting in some exercise chasing her! Here are a few pics from the last few weeks.













No comments: